Slack is everyone’s favorite project/team communication tool at the moment.
It does a very good job at what it’s been designed for and especially makes registration, setup and sign-on processes an easy job.
This is a modal screen of the initial signup with a new e-mail address (or in my case, adding a new team). I like the generous and error-free design that has been applied here:
- No unnecessary UI elements or information
- Explanation on what has been done and what’s the task at hand
- Additional information on how to continue
- Focus state is already set to the first input field so I can start entering text immediately
- Field focus automatically jumps to the next field once I’ve entered a number
- Pasting the code is also possible
- Only digits can be entered